Sunday, April 25, 2010

Too Early 4 Frustration

Hey ya'll, the Atlanta Braves are mightily struggling. The bats are colder than the beers in my fridge. But, it's April. Don't get me wrong. Those are some ice cold cervezas and losing is always bad. But, we're talking about a sport that boasts a season of 162 games. For the most part, Atlanta is getting stellar performances by any pitcher not named Derek Lowe. And, "Wild Bill" Wagner has already gotten his once in awhile blown save out of the way.

Yes, my Braves are currently stuck inside a somber land called loss after loss after lossville. In the past week, they've fallen from a 3 way tie for first in the NL East, to last place in the division with an 8-9 record. That puts them 2 games back of WASHINGTON, who is tied with Florida for runner up to Philly. But, this is after 17 scrawny azz games. I've adopted the John Kincade (of 680 the fan) theory on the sport. What's that, you ask. When it comes to Major League Baseball, you really don't know squat, until the end of May.

Early on, I've been a little over zealous in my praise for Jason Heyward. That doesn't mean the kid won't be a star. What it does mean, is that I should temper my enthusiasm just a bit. I need to chill with a cold Corona and let things play out on the diamond a little longer, before I crown him the next Henry Aaron. It also means, my fellow Braves fans and I shouldn't freak out and become frustrated with this team after just 17 games. I don't like the Troy Glaus experiment at first base, but I'll give him another month, before I question his presence on the 25 man roster.

I've just got to keep telling myself, "It's a long season, Robster. And, all of the Braves' goals are still in front of them."

What are they saying on Braves radio? Nothing. Tonight's game is currently delayed by rain, which could result in another loss, but we're not lamenting that here. So, how 'bout some CCR? Click on the title of this post, ya'll. The video's a bit boring, but the song is classic rain delay music.

Update: Between the time it took me to write, proof read, and post this clever article, the game was called. Mets win a five inning affair, 1-0. Chipper Jones appears to be headed back to the DL. Florida Evans says, "Damn, Damn, DAMN!" Braves fall to 8-10 after getting swept by the Mets in New York. Oh well. Don't let that stop you from enjoying this post and rain delay music. Ha. Have a good night, ya'll.

No comments: