Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lorenzen Wright

Just wanted to spend a few moments, writing about one of my favorite Atlanta Hawks. He wasn't an All Star, an MVP, or a Hall of Fame player. But, Lorenzen Wright was a man whose smile transcended through the TV. There was something very charismatic and endearing about this man. Although I never met him, I wished to see him succeed. His energy, emotions, and hustle on the court were characteristics I admired most in an athlete.

Sekou Smith, formerly of the AJC, wrote an article on February 11, 2008 that showcased the prankster side of Lorenzen Wright. Click on the title of this post, to read Smith's column.

During his 13 year career in the NBA, the Tennessee native averaged 8 points and 6.4 rebounds per game. He scored over 6,000 points and blocked 572 shots. As a fan of Lorenzen Wright, I'm saddened to hear of his passing.

No comments: