Friday, July 23, 2010

Columnist dogs Georgia

If you're not reading Bill King's Junkyard Blawg on AJC.com, you outta be. I often start my day, by reading his thoughts on the SEC. And on this day, I got a bit riled up after reading the ignorant words of the Orlando Sentinel's Mike Bianchi via King.

In summary, Bianchi calls UGA the most overrated program in the history of college football. Quite naturally, I take issue with that. Yes, there are times when I view the world through Red and Black tinted glasses. That's how I was raised and that's how I'm proud to be. But, Bianchi is way off base in his comparison of UGA to South Carolina. This disrespectful dig at the Dawgs, is nothing more than a lame azz attempt to generate interest in his Floridian flavored column. Where's the journalism in that?

We live in a world of media sensationalism, where insults become motivation and inspiration comes from unlikely places. So, this UGA fan would like to thank Mr. Bianchi for his bulletin board material. Every Dawg on Mark Richt's roster will read his "article." As a matter of fact, it's probably been framed already in the Butts-Mehre Building on campus. And, Bianchi just gave Georgia an additional reason to dig deep and knock that Gator sized chip off their shoulder.

Click on the title of this post to view Bill King's latest article. It's definitely worth reading.

No comments: