Thursday, July 8, 2010

LeBron Goes to South Beach

Cleveland Cavaliers fans just got crushed by the decision of LeBron James. The Akron, Ohio native just kicked his hometown in the gut and bolted for South Beach. Although his Cavs were among the NBA elite, James couldn't resist "the urge to play basketball alongside Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh." LeBron told ESPN, "I never wanted to leave Cleveland...This is a very emotional time for me..."

I hear that, and I call bullsh#t. It appears to me as if LeBron is just chasing rings. Chris Bosh signs with Miami. Dwyane Wade re-ups with the squad. So, James leaves a very successful Cavaliers team in hopes of joining a mega squad in Miami.

To be honest, I don't blame Cleveland fans for burning James jerseys. Dude says he "feels awful that he wasn't able to bring a championship to that town." So, why did he betray Cleveland by deciding to leave?

Terry Pluto of the Plain Dealer has some interesting insight on the topic. To read his words, click on the title of this post.

No comments: