Thursday, July 15, 2010

Drunkyard Dawgs

To say this has been an embarrassing off season at UGA, is being rather kind. To be honest, we've seen some crazy things. A talented QB got booted for his troubles, an A.D. resigned, and numerous other athletes have been busted for alcohol related charges. I read an excellent article by Bill King of the AJC a few days ago. To sum it up, he basically said people ain't dumber than they used to be. We simply live in an Internet society, where college athletes live under the watchful eyes of "big brother."

We've all made less than wise decisions in our lives. But, most of us ain't on a roster. So, our transgressions can easily go unnoticed. The constant scrutiny these players face makes me thank God I can't run a 4.3 40. I don't condone their actions, but I don't condemn them for 'em, either. It ain't my place to judge.

Go Dawgs!

Click on the title of this post, to read Mr. King's words.

No comments: