Friday, September 11, 2009

September 12 in the SEC

Florida International @ Bama. 7PM on ESPN360.com. No prediction. We already know the outcome.

Mississippi State @ Auburn. 7PM on ESPN360.com Tigers go 2-0.

Troy @ UF. 12:21 on ESPN360.com. (Not sure about this, but there are rumors that TBS might carry the game throughout the south) No pick. Ain't necessary.

South Carolina @ UGA. 7PM on ESPN2 and ESPN360.com. After their poor showing vs Oklahoma State, I'm very nervous about predicting these Dawgs to beat anyone. If that subpar performance is a true indicator of what UGA is capable of, then I'd be afraid of Marietta High School. But, Georgia never goes 0-2 to start the season. So, (deep breath) I'm picking the Bulldogs to win an ugly game.

Vandy @ LSU. 7PM on ESPNU. Look out for the upset. Commodores ain't 'sposed to win. So, they will. This is a reach, but I'm willing to say that LSU's season begins to unravel in Death Valley. Sorry, JD. If I'm wrong, you can call me crazy.

UCLA @ Tennessee. 4PM on ESPN and ESPN360.com. Kiffin's Vols are vastly improved from the un-UT-like squad we saw in '08. Tennessee will be singing Rocky Top all night long. Will the coach save his energy for Florida? Doesn't matter. Vols win.

Arkansas (hosts UGA on 9/19/09), Kentucky, and Ole Miss have a bye this week.

Saturday is just hours away. It's time for some teams (UGA are you listening?) to MAN UP!! Click on the title of this post. Here's a hint. Steve Spurrier is coming to Athens.

2 comments:

Rob said...

FYI: If anyone cares, there's a less than subtle rivalry between Notre Dame and Michigan. They'll be playing this Saturday. Rich Rod's Wolverines are unranked and #18 ND is praying that touchdown Jesus (not my term, God) sees the Irish prevail. I don't care, but it's always fun watching Notre Dame lose. That said, I have very little faith in Forcier's Michigan squad. But, (actually, big fat BUT), I was ecstatically stunned, when Ap State upset the Wolverines in their own house. Armante Edwards and company laughed all the way to the bank. Michigan paid 'em a king's ransom to play that game. Someone forgot to tell little Appalachian State they were 'sposed to lose. Oops. Lil' Ap State should have been the Washington Generals taunting the Harlem Globetrotters. But, on that Saturday, the script was flipped.

I guess, what I want to say, is that anything can happen in college football. So, I must say Go Wolverines. I can't forsee myself ever cheering for Michigan again, but it's college football. Anything can happen.

Cat E said...

Rob, you've found your humor. Loved the Youtube clip...I'm smiling right now just thinking about it. We're going to be holding out hope for UCLA today... trying to get Sam to cheer for the Bruins, but he won't stop saying, "Go Dawgs!" I may be in trouble.