Sunday, May 10, 2009

Who is Aaron Brooks?

Watching the Rockets cruise to victory over the Lakers today, I could only wonder...Who is Aaron Brooks? He ain't the former Saints QB. This Aaron Brooks plays for Houston and scored 34 points, as the Yao-less Rockets tied their series vs the Lakers at 2 games apiece. The final score was 99-87, as Houston crushed LA on Mother's Day. Kobe Bryant finished with just 15 points in a subpar performance. Although he's phenomenal, when slashing to the basket, Bryant made zero trips to the free throw line. That is astounding.

BTW, NBA says officals failed to blow the whistle on an intention foul, right before Carmello Anthony hit a devastating 3 point shot to sink the Mavs. What's the point? The game is history and Dallas is on the brink of elimination. I'd love to hear a Mark Cuban soundbyte. Of course, he's probably laying low after shoving that cameraman.

To learn more about Aaron Brooks, click the title of this post, or just watch ESPNNEWS.

Happy Mother's Day, ya'll!

3 comments:

Rob said...

Statement from NBA President of League and Basketball Operations, Joe Litvin:

"At the end of the Dallas-Denver game this evening, the officials missed an intentional foul committed by Antoine Wright on Carmello Anthony, just prior to Anthony's three point basket."

Oops! Thanks to Bo for steering me towards this information! In your honor, I'll raise my glass, and say Go Celtics!!

Rob said...

Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle on the missed call:

"Officiating has to be a science, not an art. If I sit here and belabor this it's not going to be good for our league. It's one of those times where it's really an unfortunate thing."

Stop belaboring, Rick. LOL!

Rob said...

Nuggets coach George Karl said, "I didn't see a foul. It seemed like he fumbled the ball."

Yeah, right George. Seems like an interesting matter of perspective. Glad I ain't a Mavs fan. OK, who am I kiddin' with that line? I'm a Hawks fan. LOL! I just wish one of their games would be close enough to be decided on a last second shot. Of course, maybe it's less painful to keep getting blown out, than to lose like that. Once again, a matter of perspective.