Monday, August 3, 2009

"We" The Fans

I'm going out on a limb here, but I would guess that at least 91% of football fans never played one down of college or pro pigskin. The last time I played the game, I was in Junior High. To be honest, that's a stretch. I should have said the last time I was on a roster, I was in Junior High. Don't get me wrong, I logged some "PT." But, it was mainly when our opponents wanted to take a knee and run out the clock. I didn't care. I was proud to wear my uniform to the Ryan's buffet for lunch. Made me look cool. I used to dodge the question, "Did ya'll win?"
"Yes, I will have seconds," I'd say. "Another plate, please."
But, that's besides the point.

As fans, we are all very passionate about the team(s) we support. Just listening to the Redcoat Marching Band play their warm up exercises gives me goose bumps and makes me wish I had the talent, discipline, and work ethic to wear a true Georgia "G" on my chest. When I talk to other Dawg fans, all of us use the term "we" when speaking about UGA. But in reality, "we" the fans are looking at things from an outside perspective. Are we wrong for that?

I'd say (censored text) NO!! What's your opinion?

No comments: