Friday, July 10, 2009

Braves Go To Church

This afternoon, it was announced that the Atlanta Braves traded struggling right fielder Jeff Francouer to the dastardly NY Mets for Ryan Church. Honestly, I don't know how to politely write my true feelings on the matter. The most politically correct thing I can say is, "I hate this trade!" Although Francouer is having another horrible season at the plate, I can't justify trading such a young, dynamic asset WITHIN THE DIVISION! Especially, when all you receive is a past his prime, 31 year old outfielder in return. This move has the potential to haunt Atlanta for many years to come.

At a time like this, I'm left to wonder, what else does Frank Wren have up his sleeve? After all, we're talking about the guy who allowed John Smoltz to become a Boston Red Sock and stabbed Tom Glavine in the back. Well, this trade becomes his latest act of lunacy. What's next, Chipper to the Phillies for a pair of batting gloves? On behalf of angry Braves fans all across America, I would like to extend a very loud RS Sports "BOOOOOOO!!!" to the Braves GM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that what we get when we deal with inferior owner and coaches. Which is going to lead many fans like me and you to start scouting for a new team to follow. But we will have to see if they really want to play ball or make money. My thoughts are they cant play ball.