Friday, November 28, 2008

Hockey Sucks

As far as I'm concerned, Canada can have hockey. I only wish they'd trade the Toronto Raptors to America. I'm definitely not a fan of the "globalization" of the NBA. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see Dirk Nowitzki or Manu Ginobli in a Hawks uniform. What I'm tryin' to say, is that one NBA franchise located outside of the USA is one too damn many. (Excuse my language, but that's how I feel). So, I've come up with a solution. I'd like to propose an international, multi-sport trade package. It's a crazy concept, but just hear me out. I would send the Atlanta Thrashers, Nashville Predators, and Florida Panthers to Canada for the Toronto Raptors. The Canadians and Maple Leafs can pick apart the rosters as they please. In exchange, Chris Bosh goes to Miami and becomes a hybrid C/PF. Teamed up with Michael Beasley, this front court could be impossible to defend. What does Atlanta get for the Thrashers? Jermaine O'Neal. Josh Smith is banged up and the Hawks desperately need a defensive presence in the middle. Al Horford has plenty of talent and potential, but is prone to foul trouble. Atlanta has very little depth at this position. As for the Orlando Magic, they get Jose' Calderon and Jason Kapono. Jameer Nelson is an impressive young PG, but you can never have too much talent at that position. Kapono replaces JJ Redick on the roster. After a stellar collegiate career, JJ has failed to impress on the next level. How about Tennessee? What compensation do they get for the Preds? $250K and a stirring rendition of Rocky Top for the next 5 star Volunteer QB. Click on this link for a classic Tennessee Tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLyOT9dWIGs Go Vols!

Well, here's my final comment on the topic. I know this concept is beyond far fetched, but hockey sucks. Why not let Canada keep it?

No comments: