Monday, February 11, 2013

Fooled by Otis Nixon?

Last April, I wrote an article praising the works of former Atlanta Brave, Otis Nixon off the field. But, according to tonight's Fox 5 report, I may have been tragically off base with my words. Allegedly, the "On Track Ministries," over-seen by Mr. Nixon hustled unsuspecting citizens and failed to deliver on promises made.

As I sat in the front row at Milford Baptist Church, I was mesmerized by the former centerfielder. Here stood one of my childhood heroes, spilling his heart on his struggles and his path toward redemption. It was a tale that could only be inspired by the power of Jesus Christ. But, maybe it wasn't. Maybe it was more like a false prophecy. Honestly, it's tough to say. But, as someone who believed every word Otis Nixon told the congregation, I wonder if I too was fooled by the words spoken during his "testimony."

For more information on this topic please click on the title of this post
or you can visit http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/21129294/former-braves-star-otis-nixon-accused-of

No comments: