Monday, November 7, 2011

It's great to be...Wrong

Today, I've decided to make a painful admission. After the first week of football, I did not believe in this group of men called Bulldogs. What bothered me the most, was that I thought I saw the same unfixed problems from 2010 continue to plague Georgia on the field. Mainly, I was concerned about the defense and the team continuing to get yellow hankies tossed their way at inopportune times. What I failed to understand, is that these Dawgs just needed some time to improve.

Since then, the Georgia Bulldogs have proven themselves to be a LOT tougher and more resilient team than I had given them credit for. Before they even teed it up vs South Carolina, I was knocking Georgia's chances of competing in the SEC, regardless of their LSU and Bama-less schedule. I was wrong for that, as well. A little over two months later, this team currently sits in the drivers seat in the east. With a win over the unpredictable Auburn Tigers, Mark Richt's squad could take a giant leap towards returning to the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta.

Writing these words makes me feel like a fan that had gone astray. My take on the Georgia Bulldogs was unsound and a little bit left of center. But, I've also learned that sometimes it's great to be wrong.

No comments: