Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hawks at Orlando

In the last few days, the Atlanta Hawks have made me feel like a "doubting Thomas" for not believing in them. After losing game 5, I thought Atlanta's playoff dreams were over. But, I'm happy to say I was wrong.

The Hawks dominated the Milwaukee sucks in games 6 and 7 with a suffocating defense. So, their reward is a trip to Disneyland (stole that line from Ryan Cameron). During the regular season, the Magic won 3 of 4 meetings. Atlanta's lone victory vs Orlando came late in the season, on a last second dunk by Josh Smith off a missed shot by Joe Johnson.

I'm hoping to see the rested Orlando Magic have a rusty performance tonight. Dwight Howard will do what he does. But, I'd like to see Vince Carter, Michael Pietrus, and Jameer Nelson struggle to find their rhythm in game 1. Opening tip is less than an hour away.

Go Hawks!!

Click on the title of this post to see the Dunk by Smith.

No comments: