Saturday, June 27, 2009

Marietta's Oudin

Don't look now, but Marietta's Melanie Oudin (pronounced oo-dan?) is starting to make some noise on tennis' grandest stage. The 17 year old phenom has won her first two matches at Wimbledon and will face Poland's Agniezka Radwanska in the round of 16. "She can play with these girls," said coach Brian deVilliers. Dude must have some psychic connections. Just kidding. But this is a compelling story to follow, in a sport that's mostly boring. Good luck Melanie. Hope you shock the world. I won't be watching, but I'd love to read about it on the ESPN ticker.

1 comment:

locaboca said...

Yay for some tennis coverage but you just had to call it a boring sport so I'd say something didn't you. LOL I think she stands a chance against Radwanska today but up next would be a Williams and, while anything is possible, I don't know if she's ready for that..but I'm rooting for her.